nanog mailing list archives

Re: Advice on colo locations in SJC

From: Kevin Facinelli <ksfacinelli () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 14:20:25 -0800 (PST)

Simon,

You have a lot of choices for colocation in the San
Jose area.  I pulled a listing of colocation
providers
in California that show service in the 408 area code
and 20 different providers show up.  I would think
that many of these organizations would be able to
fill
your needs however each would need to be explored in
more detail. I would suggest sending out a RFP to a
number of different organizations and based on their
comfortable
with,

Results from www.colosource.com search on
California,
408 area code

Many companies list Corporate Office or NOC as
primary
business location but all have facilities within
your
search parameters. Specifics on additional facility
locations can be found in the listing detail.

1. AboveNet - San Jose, California - 888-298-5566
Clients co-located within an AboveNet Internet
Service
Exchange (ISX) enjoy the three major components of
the
AboveNet solution: World-class facilities Unmatched,
congestion-free Internet connecti

2. AstraGate, Inc. - Santa Clara, California -
408-985-4590
AstraGate provides one of the highest quality
collocations, and in the most high tech facilities
in
the US. Our prices can not be beat for this kind of
infrastructure and peace of mind. One month o

3. Bay Area Internet Solutions (BAIS, Inc.) - San
Jose, California - (408) 545-0500
Bay Area Internet Solutions (BAIS, Inc.), a leader
in
Internet access and communications solutions, offers
comprehensive range of Internet services to
businesses, online service providers and e-busi

4. Broadwing Communications - San Jose, California -
408-441-3461
Multi-billion dollar company that owns and operates
over 21,500 route miles of next generation fiber. We
also operate 11 data centers in major markets
throughout the US. We offer professional services

5. COLO.COM - Brisbane, California - 877-GET-COLO
COLO.COM's Neutral Optical solution will offer you -
the customer - more choices than ever before: Choice
of cage, cabinets or custom space, choice of
domestic
and international locations, choice of n

6. Concentric Network Corporation - San Jose,
California - 877.932.2629
ConcentricHost Co-location is the ideal solution for
your business if you own a dedicated server and want
to outsource your Web hosting. The service makes it
easy for your company to focus on its core

7. ELAN Communications Inc. - San Jose, California -
877-ELAN-NET
ELAN is a parent company of BizNet Communications.
We
are headquartered in San Jose and specialize in
providing dedicated connectivity and outsourcing
services to ISPs. We provide dedicatated servers,

8. Equinix, Inc. - Mountain View, California - 650
316-6000
Equinix, Inc. designs, builds and operates neutral
Internet Business Exchange™ (IBX™) centers which
provide e-commerce companies, content providers and
ASPs with the power to choose from a wide variet

9. Exodus - Santa Clara, California - 408.346.2200
CyberRack™ & CyberCabinet™ For businesses with
smaller
space requirements, scalable racks and enclosed
cabinets allow you to store and manage your
equipment
offsite and enjoy the unequivocal advantag

10. Global Crossing - Sunnyvale, California -
408.543.4700
A GlobalCenter Data Center is the best e-business
location on the Internet. Our Data Centers incorpo

11. Hurricane Electric Internet Services - Fremont,
California - 510-580-4190
Hurricane Electric is in the same building as
MAE-West. We have multiple fiber optic OC-3
connections, and directly peer with major networks.

12. InReach Internet - Oakland, California -
510-291-5165
InReach provides 3 DS-3 connections to the Internet
including an ATM connection to the PacBell NAP,
located directly across the street from our downtown
Oakland facility. Colocation gives your servers

13. Internet Specialties West - Westlake Village,
California - 818/ 735-3000
ISWest's network is fully switched using only top
quality components from Cisco Systems. In addition,
all servers are fed from multi-homed DS3 (Frontier
Global Center & Relay Point) backbones.Our netw

14. Level 3 Communications - Sunnyvale, California -
408-774-5000
Level 3 is a fiber-based carrier that offers
state-of-the-art colocation facilities for
high-bandwidth IP and telecommunications users in
over
30 cities worldwide.

15. Netstream - San Jose, California - 408-291-5457
I am Joe Franco and my company is NetStream. We are
Next Generation Network Provider. Are company does
broadband internet service, collocation services,
local, and long distance phone services. A

16. Silicon Valley Telecom & Internet Exchange - San
Jose, California - 408-234-3400
multiple carrier hotel last mile to MAE WEST, RBOC
ports to 274 Brannan in San Francisco, Paix, Mae
West.
1,200 cabs and racks for lease. 100,000 sf bldg home
of Verio, NTT, Enron, ELI. 7 NODES, Ba

17. Switch & Data Facilities Co - Tampa, Florida -
800-4559922
Switch & Data Facilities Co. (S&DFC) operates a
nation-wide chain of carrier-neutral, highly
improved
shared-infrastructure (“colocation”) facilities,
offering ISPs and telcos flexible, economical spa

18. Verado - San Jose, California - 408-280-2300
Verado offers customized solutions that range from
fully outsourced managed hosting to customer
maintained data center colocation services. Verado’s
broad range of managed hosting services include sto

19. Web Professionals, Inc. - Cupertino, California
-
408/ 863-4848
Web Server Collocation inside an Internet Exchange
As
corporate Web sites reach a new level of
sophistication beyond brochureware sites of the
past,
their reliability, response time, network throughp

20. Web Zone, Inc. - Santa Clara, California - 408
235-1476
Web Zone, Inc. offers "Total Managed Services" in
the
co-location environment. Specializing in Co-location
space, bandwidth, 24 x 7 monitoring and response
services, server on demand, firewall on dema

Good luck,

Kevin

--- Simon Lockhart <simonl () rd bbc co uk> wrote:

All,

I'm just trying to work out a plan for building my
network into the SJC
area. (I've got LA sorted - it looks like 1
Wilshire
is the place to be -
or nearby!).

I'll be needing to hook up to MAE-West ATM, and to
PAIX, bringing in
long-haul backbone circuits (from LA and probably
an
alternate route from
NY), and hopping out a few local circuits to the
Bay
area. Initially I'd
be looking for just 1 or two racks to house
routers,
but longer term would
need access to a larger colo space if we build a
server farm. All colo
should be "neutral" where possible.

MAE-W looks to be in 55 South Market, SJ, and a
few
people seem to have
colo available there. Is that a good place to be?
Any better suggestions?

Thanks,

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44
(0)1737 839676

=====
Kevin Facinelli
www.colosource.com