nanog mailing list archives

RE: new.net: yet another dns namespace overlay play

From: "Steve Riley (MCS)" <steriley () microsoft com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 09:30:27 -0800

One difference is that in order for people to see New.net domain names
they
must be either accessing the Internet through one of our many ISP
partners
or they must have downloaded and installed our Web browser plug-in.

If either one of these requirements is met, then New.net domains will
work
just as you are used to .com and .net domains working.

I suppose, if you wanted to go to www.debbiedoesdallas.xxx and didn't
care to install their plug-in (possibly for fear of someone logging your
movements), you could just go to www.debbiedoesdallas.xxx.new.net
instead....

Steve Riley
Microsoft Communications Consulting in Denver, Colorado
    steriley () microsoft com
    +1 303 521-4129 (OLD mobile)
    www.microsoft.com/isn/
Applying computer technology is simply finding the right wrench to pound
in the correct screw.