nanog mailing list archives

RE: I've just tried new.net's plugin. Don't.

From: "David Schwartz" <davids () webmaster com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:11:28 -0800

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:59:28 PST, David Schwartz said:
    Did you know that you can choose which nameservers you use?
And you can
continue to use the same nameservers no matter what provider you use.

Unless the ISP is security conscious and has allow-query and allow-recurse
ACLs for his netblocks only, to help combat DNS cache poisoning.

        I think it was clear that I was talking about consensual relationships
between name service providers and the people who use them.

        DS