nanog mailing list archives

Re: tcp,guardent,bellovin

From: Scott Francis <scott () virtualis com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:43:57 -0800

On or around Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 09:50:08AM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin may have written:

In message <87hf0z59qe.fsf () lackawana kippona com>, Chris Beggy writes:

tcp,guardent,bellovin are all mentioned in a WSJ article on DOS
and session hijacking, but I don't see anything on CERT yet.

Any details? Any incidents using the exploit guardent has
identified?

Not to my knowledge...

The folks at Guardent are talking to CERT and to various vendors about
the problem before releasing any details.

so WSJ is considered a vendor these days?

--
Scott Francis           scott@   [work:] v i r t u a l i s . c o m
Systems Analyst     darkuncle@   [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t