nanog mailing list archives

Re: 95th Percentile again (was RE: C&W Peering Problem?)

From: Alex Rubenstein <alex () nac net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 20:22:42 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

I believe, as well, that 95th %tile billing is quite dumb, and there are
better measurements (gigs, average (which, remember is not 50th %tile)),
and there are no measurements at all ($x for y mb/s, whether you use it or
not).

Then again, VHS beat out BetaMax.

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex () nac net, latency, Al Reuben --
--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --