nanog mailing list archives

RE: /24s run amuck again

From: Christian Nielsen <cnielsen () nielsen net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 08:15:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

 18994      468      Global Crossing
 15870      436      Global Center Frankfurt
 18993      325      Global Crossing

Those are the GlobalCenter datacenters being converted into the Exodus
network. It looks like they are leaking a sizable number of /32s /30s etc,
and since its GBLX space I'm assuming its stuff that used to be aggregated
into a single announcement.

Email sent to: ipadmin () gblx net, huberman () gblx net, ip-eng () gblx net,
scarter () gblx net, bgp () gblx net, bp () gblx net on June 4 - everyone responded
that the problem was forwarded to Exodus and from there it disappeared into
a black hole.

Yes. This is part of the Exodus purchase of Global Center from Global
Crossing. It is being worked on as we speak. Customers are renumbering...
Fun!

Exodus does care and Exodus is working on this problem. Ever try to get
500 customers to renumber? :)

Hope that helps.

Christian