nanog mailing list archives

Re: Seattle Earthquake

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb () research att com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 20:25:25 -0500

In message <E14YHLs-000Hh8-00 () rip psg com>, Randy Bush writes:

 Major routes, such as I95 over Mercer Island are open and operating
I5, you mean?
Nope, I-90 crosses Mercer Island and is East-West towards Boston.
I-5 is North-South and runs through downtown Seattle.

and i95 is where they meet.  locals know it as the additive interchange.
we tried a multiplicative interchange, but the packet loss was too great
due to the limited size of the signs.

But what tunneling protocol do they use to reach the east coast's I95?
Or is there some form of address translation?