nanog mailing list archives

Re: Reasons why BIND isn't being upgraded

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () mfnx net>
Date: 03 Feb 2001 13:54:20 -0800

meltzer () villageworld com (Jeffrey Meltzer) writes:

I'm confused.  I get the TLD server operators part.  But you're saying
that you'd only give OS vendors access to this information.  How long does
it take, say, Sun, to issue a patch update?  Wouldn't it be much more
efficient, and useful, to issue the information directly to the people
using the software?  How many people actually use the default vendor
binaries anyways?

CERT handles notification.  The bind-members forum is for people who receive
such notifications to coordinate with ISC on actual patch details.  Check your
paranoia at the door.