nanog mailing list archives

Re: rfc 1918?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:54:19 -0500

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:38:56 EST, Chris Davis <chris.davis () computerjobs com>  said:
Does anyone know why I get inbound packets from 10.x.x.x coming from my ISP,
UUNet?  They're just headed for a webserver, so it's not likely that they're
up to no good.
This seems to violate rfc 1918.  Am I crazy?

You're not crazy, and UUNet should be filtering them.

Most likely, some poor Windows user behind a NAT is leaking the packets
and nobody's filtering them.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst