nanog mailing list archives

Re: T3 Latency

From: Charles Scott <cscott () gaslightmedia com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 11:52:53 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, dave o'leary wrote:

What is your confidence level that your test packets are taking
the path that you expect?

Are you multihomed?  Does your addressing and routing setup allow
for the return packets to be taking a different path other than the new DS3?
What address are your test pings being sourced with, and what is the
destination's return path to that address?

  That was something I was considering, but when I also get 20 ms pinging
from my 7204 to their router on the other end of the line (both addresses
in the same /30), I don't think the responses are going anywhere but
straight back to my interface.
  No, this location is not multi-homed.

chuck