nanog mailing list archives

RE: Systemic problems at Verizon

From: deeann mikula <deeann () telerama com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 11:24:08 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Richard Welty wrote:

Steve Sobol <sjsobol () NorthShoreTechnologies net>

I've never, ever had trouble with Ameritech ISDN,

ISDN, now there's a technology that NYNEX/Bell Atlantic/Verizon
has never been able to get right in the Northeast. Never, never,
never, never, never. there are rumors of working ISDN in some

whoa.  my experience is completely the oposite.  (in BA/verizon
country, in pittsburgh PA.)

i love my dedicated ISDN clients!  we have about 15 or so still left,
and their connections are rock solid!  in my 3 years of managing the
dedicated access customers, i've probably dealt with less than 10
instances of real trouble with those lines.  (ie: not solved by
resynching the isdn routers, but requiring calling in a bell tech.)

well, except for when we switched a few ISDN customers to adelphia...

deeann m.m. mikula
director of operations

telerama public access internet
http://www.telerama.com