nanog mailing list archives

RE: Routescience?

From: Vadim Antonov <avg () exigengroup com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:03:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Kavi, Prabhu wrote:

I would like to hear it too.  However, in fairness to Routescience,
did anyone on NANOG previously ask Cisco and Juniper to publicly
talk about everything they (sometimes painfully) learned about
how to create resilient IS-IS/OSPF/BGP implementations?  And even
if anyone would ask, are Cisco and Juniper likely to respond
(thereby giving a heads up to their competitors)?

To the credit of Cisco and (later) Juniper IP routing folks, they always
were in a very close touch with ISP backbone engineers.  Cisco in
particular publishes quite a lot of technical information.

Which explais why their (and not their competitors) boxes are used to run
the Internet.

Routescience may or may not have something worthwhile.  However,
I would respect their perogative to not say much more on the
NANOG mailing list.

Of course.

--vadim