nanog mailing list archives

Re: Covad, Chapter 11 !

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 11:22:37 -0400

On Wed, 08 Aug 2001 10:42:30 EDT, Mitch Halmu said:

That nicely completes the BK suite: NorthPoint, Rhythms, Covad.
DSL now in firm control of the ILECs, competition crushed.

I've seen several references to Covad's business unit that does DSL
continuing normal operations - it's the parent company that's reorganizing.

If they *do* make a good stock-for-debt swap, they may come out in a much
*more* competitive position.  How would YOUR balance sheets look if you
suddenly had $160M/year more to play with?

In today's business climate, I'd *worry* if my competitor went Chapter 11
with a good clear reorganization plan (as opposed to a liquidation plan).
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst