nanog mailing list archives

Re: Faster 'Net growth rate raises fears about routers

From: Shawn McMahon <smcmahon () eiv com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 08:01:47 -0400

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 03:37:22PM -0700, Bill Woodcock wrote:

You say "responsible cab drivers must have not one, but two taxicabs, in
order to provide service in the event of a failure.  Therefore, I bought
one from Fisher-Price, and one from Hot Wheels, and I'm astounded to find
that neither provides me with the luxury which I expected."  I think
Patrik may have been suggesting that if you had a Checker, you might not
need to worry quite so much about redundancy.

If somebody runs over your Checker with a backhoe, it's just as
undrivable as the Fisher-Price or Hot Wheels.