nanog mailing list archives

RE: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

From: "Roeland M.J. Meyer" <rmeyer () MHSC com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:52:49 -0700

From: Steve Sobol [mailto:sjsobol () NorthShoreTechnologies net]
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2000 4:43 PM

It seems to me that there's been a lot of discussion about
IPv6, to the
point that the authors of some operating systems[0] have claimed to
actually
have working code that implements it. However, I haven't seen
much talk
about actually deploying it[1].

[0] OK, one. I recall seeing somewhere that Linux's TCP/IP
code supports it.

it does, in the more recent kernels. It even has the v6-v4 tunnel code.

[1] Truthfully, I don't spend my time with my nose buried in technical
journals, and I don't keep up as much with the infrastructure side of
things as I'd like to (and probably should), but I would
think that this would be big news if it had actually happened.

You might want to know that Mickeysoft also has an IPv6 stack for
Windoze.

The real issue is getting all those routers and switches deployed. We
can then turn up the clients and servers as needed.