nanog mailing list archives

Re: Port 139 scans

From: Dan Hollis <goemon () sasami anime net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:58:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Jason Slagle wrote:
On a somewhat related note, since we obviously have AOL people living and
they now own ICQ.  irc.icq.com has been used for weeks for these kiddies
to store various ddos clients on.  Take a look at #0wned.  All compromised
machines.  There are no live opers to deal with it, and emails to
ircsupport () icq com go unanswered.
Is there any way we can deal with things like this?

Route irc.icq.com to null0. If enough networks do this (or better, if
tier1's do), maybe icq will get their head out of their ass and do
something about it.

-Dan