nanog mailing list archives

Re: o/t: Re: Root zone change -- d.gtld-servers.net

From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () netmore net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 05:27:43 -0700

We all know it's not just North American - my point is that Mr. Bush's
political commentary is unecessary and inappropriate for this list.

I just preordered your Second Edition from Amazon the other day, btw - I
just hope they're still around to ship me my copy in February!  It's
good to see such a seminal reference reissued with updates.

"Steven M. Bellovin" wrote:

In message <39C9F363.2CCD6243 () netmore net>, Roland Dobbins writes:

The point I was trying to make - and which I'm sure that you understood,
but simply chose to ignore - is that it's not a Bad Thing to be somewhat
U.S.-centric when discussing technical issues on the North American
Network Operator's Group list.

*Technical issues*.  I could care less about your juvenile political
beliefs, nor, I suspect, do the vast majority of subscribers to this
list.  It's sad that you've so much trouble distinguishing between the
two.

Your personal animus and general obnoxiousness are surprising, given
your c.v. and and the position of responsibility you hold within Verio.
It will be interesting to learn how their P.R. department respond to
questions concerning your penchant for injecting political commentary
into an unmistakably -technical- forum, all the while in your official
guise as an officer of said company.

Since Verio is being purchased by NTT, I suspect that upper management
really cares about international issues, and welcomes senior folks who
understand that the net is not just North American...

                --Steve Bellovin

--
 Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () netmore net> // 818.535.5024 voice