nanog mailing list archives

Re: New Peering Point Mailing Lists

From: Simon Lockhart <simonl () rd bbc co uk>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 13:24:00 +0100

      There was some effort started at the last RIPE mtg to ensure that
      (at least for the European Exchanges) this data was collected
      and made available online. There are some issues with making
      such data available for US exchanges and I've not heard back
      about Asian ones yet.

I sometimes find it hard to comprehend the attitude of some suppliers.
"Yes, we've got a service, that we might be able to sell to you, but we
can't publicly tell you anything about it".

If the supplier doesn't wish to make that information public themselves,
then I don't see that there can be a problem with their customers publicly
saying how much they're paying/where they're connected/etc, as long as
their contract with said supplier doesn't contain an NDA covering such
information.

I expect that at least for the Euro
sites, we will have online in the very near future the types
of data you are looking for.

That would be very useful, thanks!

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516