nanog mailing list archives

Re: UUNet UK network melted

From: John Fraizer <nanog () EnterZone Net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:47:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Simon Lockhart wrote:

Last night during their maintenance slot, UUNet UK renumbered from AS1849
to AS702. We came in this morning to find their network completely broken.
At 8am BST, their support line said that the work had over-run and would
be complete by 8:30am. Now, at 9:45am it's still completely down. (We've
shut down BGP with UUNet and are making the most of nicer connectivity
through our other transit providers)

Expect loss of connectivity to some UK sites.

UUNet sales-critter: "Yes John... I know we charge over 80% more than
(insert nearly anyone)...  You're paying for reliability!"

ME: "Bwahahahahahahahah [click]"

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc