nanog mailing list archives

Re: whois

From: Quark Physics <meuon () highertech net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:43:46 -0400 (EDT)

      Er, begging to differ. Only when electrodes are implanted
      in peoples brains and the activation circuits are accessable
      via paging (or something similar) will you get the types of
      response you think you want.  Either that or if their is
      a business relationship w/ your "SWAT" team, e.g. they are
      paid to be a your beck/call on a 24/7/365 basis.

Although I really like the electrode idea, the business relationship
idea is not out of the question. We have been willing to pay
for a response on originating or relay points of problems.
CERT is great for many things, but paying for a cert level response
is very expensive. Paying a few hundred or even a few thousand dollars
is not out of the question in some cases though. --Mike--