nanog mailing list archives

RE: Sun Storm

From: "Dennis Dayman" <ddayman () mail-abuse org>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 11:07:46 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu]On Behalf Of
Steve Sobol
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2000 10:35 AM
To: Dennis Dayman
Cc: Nanog
Subject: Re: Sun Storm

Respected Internet professionals say that the solar storm may cause other
irregularities - for example, on-topic posts to the NANOG mailing list
such as the one I am replying to.

Well I would hope that "The North American Network Operators Group (NANOG) provides a forum for the exchange of
technical information" like it says on the front web site.  I would also think that these sun spots could have an
adverse effect on the Internet which would or could cause a TECHNICAL problem, but that's just my opinion...I could be
wrong. <g>

Thanks
Dennis Dayman
Senior Consultant