nanog mailing list archives

Re: Server Monitoring

From: ravi pina <ravi () cow org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:29:50 -0500

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 10:47:08AM -0800, Bora Akyol said at one point in time:
Does anyone out there have a set of scripts (or a commercial product) that is used to monitor a set of servers
including sendmail, dns, etc and page/email people as necessary.

I had written such a set of scripts a while back but that was too many years ago.

Thanks

Bora

there is also sysmon (http://www.sysmon.org/)

while not as robust as netsaint, its small,
fast, and a really simple config file which
can be dynamically created with little problem.

its also reliable.  i had a box thta was running
a very infant version of it for >1yr and it
didn't hiccup once.

-r

--
echo "send pgp key" | mail ravi () cow org ; lynx http://cow.org ; echo "!gc"
"Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish."