nanog mailing list archives

Re: ISPs as content-police or method-police

From: Shawn McMahon <smcmahon () eiv com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:04:41 -0500

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 10:56:18AM -0800, Roeland Meyer wrote:
You missed the point. The filters were removed the moment we were able to
get a suitably authorized NOC tech (next morning). That didn't change the
fact that I incurred losses from paying three expensive contractors, for a
full night of over-time, as a direct result of the unannounced filter. The
contractors got paid, how do I recover the losses caused by the contract
breach? The upstream refuses, therefore we must go to court.

Are you going to court?  Have you gone to court, or are you just
blowing smoke here?  I keep asking this question, and you keep skirting
the answer.  Gimme a yes or no, Roeland, please.

BTW, you miss something; even if you go to court and they settle with
you, it's cheaper for them than leaving the stinking ports open by
default.  That'll cost them a lot more hours for a lot more techs.

Oh; and it shouldn't have taken that long to figure out what was up.
Your contractors suck; get new ones.