nanog mailing list archives

Re: Virus Update

From: woods () weird com (Greg A. Woods)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 20:06:42 -0400 (EDT)

[ On Thursday, May 4, 2000 at 18:56:15 (-0400), David Charlap wrote: ]
Subject: Re: Virus Update

Many mail programs (including Netscape Communicator) have no VBS support
in them, so they can not execute virusses like this one.

Well I don't know about NS and such, but I do know that the relative
size of the impact of this particular virus was both predicted, and is
due almost entirely to the business practices of Microsoft and the
sometimes sheep-like user-base they've fooled into following them to
wherever Bill wants to go today....

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods () acm org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods () planix com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods () weird com>