nanog mailing list archives

Re: New Internet-draft on DDOS defense...

From: "Vipul Shah" <svipul () novell com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 06:00:39 -0600

The solution suggested by RFC2644 is for routers only, while the proposed solution is intended for end-nodes.

If DDoS Smurf attack is generated using local broadcast, RFC2644 solution won't prevent the attack. Read carefully the
last paragraph of Section 1 of the draft.

Vipul

Paul Ferguson <ferguson () cisco com> 05/11/00 05:14PM >>>
How is this substantially different than RFC2644, "Changing
the Default for Directed Broadcasts in Routers"?

  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2644.txt

- paul