nanog mailing list archives

Re[2]: DSL (was shopping for NOCs)

From: "W.D.McKinney" <deem () wdm com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 21:46:06 -0800 (AKDT)

"Julian Eccli" <jeccli () ubnetworks net> wrote:

Doesn't this have more to do with the philosophy of the company
providing service than the technology being deployed (DSL)?
Maybe the problem is that DSL tends to involve LEC people who are
infected with the obsolete lazy-monopoly attitude of the incumbents.

Hey!  I used to work for a LEC in the Frozen East!

I take absolutely no offense to the above comment :-) !

Having worked for 2 ILECS previously, they are definetly
"infected with the obsolete lazy-monopoly attitude of the incumbents."

NOI

/Dee