nanog mailing list archives

Re: San Francisco power outages imminent

From: Jason Legate <jlegate () alienchick com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:55:20 -0700

We spoke with SVP, and they said that they are performing rolling 2 hour
blackouts in "grid sections".  They are on the Bellevue section right now
they said.

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 04:25:30PM -0700, Pete Bowden wrote:
There was apparently a momentary outage in Santa Clara (less than 5 minutes)
at my home, and there was a large area of Santa Clara (around Lafayette,
El Camino Real to the West of the Santa Clara University) which had a power
outage...  I'm not sure the duration, or if it is still out.  Santa Clara
has its own power company  (Silicon Valley Power, owned by the City) but they
participate in the California Independent System Operator of power system
so they too will likely be impacted.

--
|     jlegate () sitesmith com       |         SiteSmith, Inc.        |