nanog mailing list archives

Re: Pre-Superbowl(tm) review

From: Alan Hannan <alan () globalcenter net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 12:43:19 -0800

  Howdy.

  I'm the director of engineering for GBLX IP.

  There is no peering dispute, at least in my interpretation of the
  issues, between CWUSA+GBLX.

  There is, however, a bit of congestion from CWUSA->ATL->GBLX.

  We're looking at the situation and likely working w/ CWUSA to resolve.

  It appears this could be due to new traffic, or variances in the way
  MEDs are sent/listened to.

  I don't plan to send a resolution to this mail list, however,
  interested parties can contact our Network Operations Center at
  1-800-404-7714/602-416-6400 and reference ticket 20000129173.

  -alan

Thus spake Ryan Tucker (rtucker () netacc net)
 on or about Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 01:12:26PM -0500:

Also, apparently C&W and GBLX are in a peering dispute, which is causing a
bit of congestion around Atlanta (which is causing some packet loss
between here and a site 60 miles west of here, which is causing my pager
to go off every few hours....).  It's gone to legal, so this is going to
be a really annoying next few months...... -rt

--
Ryan Tucker <rtucker () netacc net>                 Unix Systems Administrator
NetAccess, Inc.                                      Phone: +1 716 756-5596