nanog mailing list archives

Re: Atlanta <--> Jax Fiber Outage?

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: 24 Jan 2000 13:04:13 -0800

On Mon, 24 January 2000, Robert Gash wrote:
I'm noticing severe reachability problems on the Jacksonville, FL <-->
Atlanta, GA links.  The issue appears to be a fiber cut (or a partial
fiber cut) between my upstream and Sprint Atlanta.  Can anyone confirm
this outage?

There have been ongoing problems throughout the southeast due to the
severe ice storm over the weekend.  Power and telephone outages have
been reported, and some Internet providers were effected.  However, yours
is the report I've seen of a problem between Sprint Atlanta and Jacksonville.