nanog mailing list archives

Re: Eeek - .NU Domains using Ö, Ä, Å, Ü, Ñ - And More

From: "Forrest W. Christian" <forrestc () iMach com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 19:32:46 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Kai Schlichting wrote:

The following is sure to
a.) break a lot of things DNS, Mail and Web-wise
b.) have major impact in the form of confused customers calling
     your customer service departments
c.) will hopefully fail.

This brings to mind the dilbert cartoon where dogbert is giving out his
pager number with a tilde in it - so that noone can call him.

Although this change is not with the same intent, I can still almost hear
customers saying "how do I type that little n with a squiggley line over
it?". Effectively, this would be equivalent in effect.

Or even more fun, trying to convince users that a little n with a
squiggley line over it ISN'T the same as just a plain old n.

- Forrest W. Christian (forrestc () imach com) KD7EHZ
iMach, Ltd., P.O. Box 5749, Helena, MT 59604      http://www.imach.com
Solutions for your high-tech problems.                  (406)-442-6648