nanog mailing list archives

Re: whois broke again?

From: Alex Rubenstein <alex () nac net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 02:53:21 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Danny McPherson wrote:

A) Do you happen to have proof that people *arent* reporting the
problems to NSI as well as posting here?

I'd guess he doesn't, though yet another glean of the entire
thread also doesn't reveal anything suggesting that an attempt
to contact, or even a simple cc NSI has occurred to this point.
Perhaps denoting a failed attempt in the initial post would have
made sense.

One message sent via email, and one telephone call. The email is still
unanswered, and the telephone call was met with a 'general delivery
mailbox.'

But, more to the point; I was commenting more on the fact that NSI [has
not|probably will not] comment(ed) on any of said outages, not even a
post-mortem, in any fashion.

While it would probably not be an accurate assessment, it could be assumed
that they are doing nothing at all to fix problems ever; how would we
know? Considering that we (as in ISP's) are the primary source of thier
income, don't they owe this information to us, at least in a watered-down
version?