nanog mailing list archives

RE: Yahoo offline because of attack (was: Yahoo network outage)

From: James Smith <jsmith () dxstorm com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 14:26:17 -0500 (EST)

Okay, who told you to say that? ;-)

--
James Smith, CCNA
Chief Network/System Administrator
DXSTORM.COM

http://www.dxstorm.com/

DXSTORM Inc.
2140 Winston Park Drive, Suite 203
Oakville, ON, CA L6H 5V5
Tel:   905-829-3389 (email preferred)
Fax:  905-829-5692
1-877-DXSTORM (1-877-397-8676)

It's Unix or nothing!

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Shawn McMahon wrote:

As co-moderator emeritus of Fidonet's CONSPRCY echo, I love a good
conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but let's get real, folks.

No deeper motive need be applied to this than "ActiveX sucks, and I'm gonna
show 'em" or "wow, look what I can do if I combine these two script-kiddie
exploits I found on rootshell.com" or "oh, yeah?  Prove it."  The latter
being the driving force behind many destructive hacks over the years.

Until we have enough facts, Occam's Razor isn't very useful, but it would
seem to exclude government-backed weirdness.