nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo offline because of attack (was: Yahoo network outage)

From: John Payne <john+nanog () flea ibm net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:17:34 +0000

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 12:02:42PM +0100, Havard.Eidnes () runit sintef no wrote:
May I suggest that we all get off our collective butts and do
something about these items?  Even by going so far as to proactively
probe our customer networks and/or extracting info from the list
available from the above site?

... and actively use the logs to contact peers when they're used as amplifiers
against you, rather than just filtering?

Does anyone have a CIDR to broadcast address script handy?
(the network address is part of the CIDR format :-)

--
John Payne                              jcapayne () att com
OpenNet Infrastructure Team, AT&T Global Network Services