nanog mailing list archives

Re: Operations: where are you going to sit?

From: Michael Shields <shields () msrl com>
Date: 07 Dec 2000 00:22:47 +0000

In article <Pine.BSF.4.21.0012061429270.39868-100000 () courier netrail net>,
"Daniel L. Golding" <dan () netrail net> wrote:
I have worked in data centers where cell phones, FM radios, Nextel phones,
etc. were banned.

All the Bell Atlantic COs I've seen recently have signs banning
cellphone use.

I think this is based on the same decision process that lead to the
ban on cellphones in most commercial airplanes -- some unsustantiated
anecdotes, no testing, and extremely risk-averse executives.  I'm not
aware of any vendor of telecom hardware issuing an advisory that there
are known cases of cellphones causing problems with the equipment.
--
Shields.