nanog mailing list archives

Re: Packet Loss

From: <doug () safeport com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 14:35:14 -0500 (EST)

I have a hanging chad story. I worked for GE subbing to NASA at Marshall
Space Flight Center in the late 60's. Our group programmed the Atlas
first stage simulations. We had such a program. Never found the bug
until one of the operators dropped the deck. We would not have found it
then except he (they) tried to put the deck back together :)

I do not rememver if this was a 7090 or a GE-235 program.  Whichever
system it was an IBM keypunch that did the deed. As I recall both
systems did checksums so I guess in the "open" position it must have
closed its neighbor.