nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

From: Patrick Greenwell <patrick () cybernothing org>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:57:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 jlewis () lewis org wrote:

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Patrick Greenwell wrote:

*shrug*, if people choose not to attend and participate then that's their
problem.

Have you considered the possibility that some people do not have the time
to be physically present when votes on how everyone will be forced to run
their business are taken?

That's why I asked about some form of proxy for members who can't be
present.

Given the effects of the decisions that ARIN is making that would seem to
be a very prudent idea.

It should be noted however, that no matter how "democratic" any
organization is or claims to be, the decisions they make do not
supercede the laws of the country(ies) that they operate in. At the point
that someone feels their rights under the law are being violated
sufficiently (such as restraint of trade) and has the necessary resources,
I imagine these sorts of things will simply end up in court.