nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOG 20 Meeting Information -- Registration Open

From: Kai Schlichting <kai () pac-rim net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:59:28 -0400

At Wednesday 04:31 PM 8/16/00, Carol Wadsworth wrote:

              NANOG 20 Meeting Information
              ****************************

----------------------
Hotel Reservations
----------------------

  Renaissance Washington D.C. Hotel
  999 9th Street, N.W.
  Washington, D.C.  20001-4427

  Direct Hotel Reservations:  202-898-9000
  Central Reservations:       800-228-9290

  Room Block Name:            NANOG
  Dates Available:            October 21-24
  Rate:                       $169/single; $189/double
  Cut-off date:               September 21

Is this just me, or is the room block really miniscule (read: <<400 rooms),
already booked out, and the hotel is now trying to rip everyone off
with their "$370/night plus all that extra tax we make for DC by
jacking you real good" rate? Comments welcome.

As Norman Schwarzkopf said: this is the only city in the world where,
after 10 miles of driving, you are still at the crime scene.