nanog mailing list archives

Re: FW: your mail

From: "Alex P. Rudnev" <alex () Relcom EU net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:32:28 +0400 (MSD)

Hmm, you need to perform UPSTREAM traffic, not your internal traffic.
Hope CISCO people answer exact performance (through I can look for it
myself), but really you does need the performance to develop all
incoming/outgoing traffic, this means - if you have E3 upstream, you need
E3 performance.

And it hardly depends of the traffic itself. ACL's does not use much CPU,
but _protocol inspection_ (sorry, there is some other word in IOS for it,
I do not remember exactly) does use a lot of CPU.