nanog mailing list archives

Re: Warning to ISPs: 9netave

From: Phil Howard <phil () whistler intur net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 02:15:50 -0500 (CDT)

Peter Galbavy wrote:

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 07:52:32PM -0700, Patrick Greenwell wrote:
According to information provided to me, 9netave is in no uncertain terms
is refusing to take down the site without a court order.

Beware...
The provider is waiting for an external agency (the courts) to take
the responsibility for saying that the site should be removed. When I
was at Demon, we had a strict policy of not submitting to any third
party requests WRT user account except those either demanded by law,
or those events that clearly breach our AUP - which has the force of
law, as part of the terms and conditions of service.

So 9netave has no AUP prohibiting use of its services for conducting scams?
I would not want to run my web site at a hoster that could become blocked by
many ISPs.  But then, I'd never use 9netave for many reasons.

--
Phil Howard           KA9WGN
phil () intur net phil () ipal net