nanog mailing list archives

DISREGUARD: (was Re: NetSol whois/root-servers fubar again?)

From: Russell Van Tassell <russell () cscorp com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 08:59:47 -0700

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 03:04:34AM -0500, Phil Howard wrote:

Russell Van Tassell wrote:

Ok, are the "Not-work Solutions" (sic) whois and/or root servers
fubar'd again?  This came up as a result of a couple of my mail servers
denying a relay that passed through our upstream's relays without
issue... (a funny sidebar to it, of course, is that the messages were
spam though apparently should not have failed sendmail's domain check)

(This from activities happening earlier today (10/04/1999) and yesterday)

Regards,
Russell

Isn't it a bit odd you get .NET when you query for .COM ?

However, that doesn't seem to happen to me:

   [...]

So I suspect your whois is broken.

Doh!

My apologies for the fat-fingering / gibberish... looks like this
year's flu has really knocked me for a loop or whatever... (though
now this is reduced to why I was getting lame server delegation
warnings (for this zone) during this same incident -- though that's
hardly something for NANOG, itself).

Thanks for the "kick in the head," Phil...

Regards,
Russell

--
Russell M. Van Tassell