nanog mailing list archives

Re: TACACS or Radius daemon on Linux

From: Derrick Daugherty <freix () shadowcast harte-hanks com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 17:34:39 -0500

We use slackware and livingston's radiusd (www.livingston.com) against a
Cisco 3604 and Ascend Max. A search
on fresmeat returned a few that look pretty interesting: radiusd-sql and
perlradius.

I've heard of "sectord" and it's supposed to be a lot more configurable
but i have never been able to find it.  Anyone have a url or any info on
"sectord" ?

thanks,
-d

==============              =---------=               ==============
     Never put the words "diabolical master plan" on a resume

Harte Hanks UNIX Services                    derrick () harte-hanks com
& Infrastructure                             512.434.5999

---Reply to mail from mnolan () southshore com about TACACS or Radius daemon on Linux

Hi,

We are an ISP running several Cisco 2500s, 5200s, and 5300s as access
servers.  Currently we are entering each user into each box.

We are looking to set up a Red Hat Linux machine as either a TACACS or
Radius server to centrally validate all our users.

Does anyone have any experience running a TACACS or Radius daemon
on Linux?  Where is a good place to find a Linux TACACS or Radius
daemon?

I heard that although TACACS is a Cisco product, Radius has more
accounting and statistics capability, runs well on Linux, and will
validate for Ciscos.

Any help would appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike