nanog mailing list archives

Re: IXC Fiber cut Michigan

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck Nether net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 14:02:09 -0400

On Fri, May 14, 1999 at 12:55:13PM -0500, Sean Donelan wrote:

Jared Mauch <jared () puck Nether net> writes:
IXC Ticket number 86537

Well, this fiber cut interrupted service between MICHNET's router
at AADS and the rest of Merit/MICHNET.  The problem for me was the
michnet router was still advertising it could reach the rest of
michnet, and therefore traffic (such as nanog mail) went into the
IXC fiber blackhole until I could manually re-route through somewhere
else.  Of course, everyone else who was in the same boat, won't see
this message until the circuit is restored.

the Sean/Claus FTL sled was NOT seen in the area.

I can neither confirm nor deny access to Mr. Kringle's sled.

Any sign of Qwest contractors in the area? :-)

        I'll find out in a minute, they're back up.

        Outage length 2 hours 41min

        - jared
--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared () puck nether net