nanog mailing list archives

Re: CyberNotes: Network Infrastructure Protection Publication

From: johnl () iecc com (John R. Levine)
Date: 5 Mar 1999 20:55:48 -0500

After making fun of the FBI for mostly keeping us up to date on
important dates in history, did you know April 19 is the anniversary
of battle of Cambridge between American Minutemen the British in 1775?

Having lived in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where Patriot's Day is a
major holiday, for 15 years, I can assure you that on April 19, 1775,
there was a Battle of Lexington, and a Battle of Concord, but there
was no Battle of Cambridge unless Paul Revere and William Dawes were
battling traffic in Harvard Square on their way through town.

Is there any date between 1775-1783 that some battle didn't take
place somewhere?

December 24, 1776.  Washington was getting ready to cross the
Delaware.  He didn't attack Trenton until the following day.

I thought I would compliment the FBI on their new publication.

I'm not sure I would compliment them, but that does explain a lot.

ObNetwork: "One if by land, two if by sea" is one of the earlier routing
protocols on record.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
johnl () iecc com, Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,