nanog mailing list archives

Re: revised ACL 112 ?

From: I Am Not An Isp <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 00:27:41 -0700

At 11:29 PM 6/20/99 +0200, Philippe Strauss wrote:
On Fri, Jun 18, 1999 at 12:55:16AM -0700, I Am Not An Isp wrote:

I am sorry, I never intended that page to be USED by anyone, it was
strictly there for historical/reference purposes.

Yes, I've used it because it was the only version of Sean's ACL112 I've found.
My goal was just to experiment about how isp's desaggregate ip space
relative to how assigning authorities distribute it.

Funny, I wonder why you didn't get the original NANOG post - the URL to
which I copied in my last post.

Philippe, if you are going to use something like a modern ACL112, please
check out Sean's later posts in the NANOG archive.

OK, thanks for the advice.
Will look the archive.

Actually, I did a brief perusal of the archives on www.nanog.org and didn't
find the final version.  Does anyone have a copy I can post on the web site?

But for production, I stick to your ACL190.

Thanx, but there is a minor error in that one too. :)  Don't use the
192.0.0.0/8 line.  (Not that it should hurt anything, but don't use it
anyway.)  I'll be putting up a better one in a little while.

Anyone having references about how assigning authorities claim
to aggregate address space? (I know that RIPE never allocater longer than /20
in 195.0.0.0/8)
ACL112 take various assumption, were are the reference information about
that?

If you go to the URL I copied in my last post and look at the threads
surrounding it, Sean's logic is partially exposed in posts to this very
list - as well as other peoples' reactions to his logic.  (Please note that
I am in no way claiming to know why Sean did something, just pointing out
that he posted some reasons to NANOG that might clarify his reasoning.)

Altavista found it for me :-)
Try ACL112 and look the result. Time to write a robot.txt :-))

Heh.  Those damned robots. :)

Philippe Strauss, ingenieur reseau/systemes, Urbanet SA

TTFN,
patrick

--
  I Am Not An Isp - www.ianai.net