nanog mailing list archives

Re: (ICANN) STATEMENT ON HACKING OF NETWORK SOLUTIONS' SERVERS

From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () cybernothing org>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 09:41:11 -0700

On 07/03/99, Joe Shaw <jshaw () insync net> wrote:

I personally trust ICANN and NSI as far as I can throw their collective
asses.  NSI has shown repeatedly that they don't give a rat's behind one
way or the other about DNS registration system, as long as they continue
to hold power over it.  ICANN are far too shady and back-room meeting
oriented to really have anyone's best interest but their own at heart.

So, who's the lesser of the two evils?  Both make me shudder.

        At least NSI admits that they're a for-profit company.  Any
        clue what ICANN really is?

        Hmm, this is getting non-operational, Reply-To set.

 ---------========== J.D. Falk <jdfalk () cybernothing org> =========---------
  |        "There is No God but Sendmail and SMTP is Its Prophet"        |
  |                     -- Alistair Young <avatar () arkane demon co uk>    |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----