nanog mailing list archives

Synergery?

From: Sean Donelan <SEAN () SDG DRA COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 6:12:23 -0500

Ever have one of those 'synergy' kind of days?  DRA's network dates
back to 1984, and is positively ancient compared to some networks.  But
even I was left speechless by today's outage.  Here's an extract from
DRA's trouble ticket diary.

But, I have been give a bit of background information on why they are having
so much trouble repairing the circuit.  This circuit, a DS3 between LA and
San Diego, was owned by Western Union, which was bought out by MCI Local,
which is a part of MCI, which merged with World Comm. So, MCI/World Comm has
no idea what the circuit ID is of the circuit that is down.  There is an MCI
tech on site in LA tracing cables to see where this circuit plugs into the
Western Union equipment so that they can trouble shoot it.

Do other people have problems like this?  Or does Murphy just likes me?