nanog mailing list archives

Re: Busy Connect

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 01:49:05 -0500

On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 04:28:39PM -0800, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

So they break the tele for modems and tell the customer that the only
solution is to use them as their ISP? If SBC tried this, with pacbell.net,
I'd be on on the phone to the FCC, the CPUC, my congress-critter, and my
lawyer, not necessarily in that order. I think they call that
anti-competitive practice by a monopoly. This is pretty egregious, why
haven't we heard more about this, is it a new thing? More curious, how can
an RBOC be that dumb?

You work in the industry - why do you even feel the need to ask that
question? You know the answer :)

(Yes, that was a cheap shot.)

--
Steve Sobol sjsobol () nacs net (AKA support () nacs net and abuse () nacs net)

"Can you look out the window, without your shadow getting in the way"
   --Sarah McLachlan - "Building a Mystery"