nanog mailing list archives

Re: Suggestion: Add contact entry to whois

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:08:22 -0500

On Fri, Feb 26, 1999 at 08:55:12AM -0800, Owen DeLong wrote:

We already have Admin, Tech, and Billing.  Would it be possible to consider
the addition of an Abuse contact in whois?

Great idea! But you'd probably want to ask the individual domain registries.
AFAIK they are responsible for determining which information they record.

--
Steve Sobol sjsobol () nacs net (AKA support () nacs net and abuse () nacs net)

    "The world is headed for mutiny/When all we want is unity"
          --Creed, "One"