nanog mailing list archives

Re: Report from New Zealand

From: Deepak Jain <deepak () ai net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 13:22:10 -0500 (EST)

I'm just glad I can spend next New Years (the actual end of the second
millennium if you follow the Gregoarin Calendar) someplace nice in the
Carribean with nice beaches, blue water and no pager/cellphone.  I just
don't want to hear from the New Millennium/21st century marketing monster
all next year like we've heard from it this year.

I am sure you and I aren't the only ones planning something like that. I
wonder if the beaches will be filled with ex-Y2000 types and the NOCs
will be completely deserted on the Y2001 roll-over. That would be pretty
funny.

Deepak Jain
AiNET

(We're expecting a Happy New Year)