nanog mailing list archives

Re: US Federal Y2K web site is now online

From: Eric Germann <ekgermann () cctec com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:25:55 -0500

Maybe they could use the marspolarlander.org infrastructure since NASA
doesn't have a use for it now ...

At 05:38 PM 12/27/99 -0800, Sean Donelan wrote:

The US Federal Y2K web site www.y2k.gov is up and online.  Of course, the
government and the contractors believe they have prepared as well as they
can.  But as we've seen with event sites throughout the years, traffic
always seems to exceed everyone's expectations.

I read an interview with one of the spokespeople who indicated the
expectation
is most of the load will come from the media, and the media web sites will
distribute the load.  In other words, if you can't get to www.y2k.gov or
www.iy2kcc.org; CNN.com, MSNBC.com, bbc.co.uk, etc will have the same
information.

  Eric Germann                                        Inacom Info Systems
  egermann () inacomlima com                             Lima, OH 45801
                                                      Ph:  419 331 9050
  ICQ:  41927048                                      Fax: 419 331 9302

"It is so easy to miss pretty trivial solutions to problems deemed
complicated.  The goal of a scientist is to find an interesting problem,
and live off it for a while.  The goal of an engineer is to evade
interesting problems :)"  -- Vadim Antonov <avg () kotovnik com> on NANOG